logoBC
Yaoundé - 21 June 2021 -
Energy

38% of new clients that entered ENEO’s portfolio are from the rural zones (official)

38% of new clients that entered ENEO’s portfolio are from the rural zones (official)
  • Comments   -   Thursday, 03 June 2021 15:09

(Business in Cameroon) - In Q1-2021, electric utility ENEO added 39,298 new clients to its portfolio, according to information the company published in its recent quarterly bulletin. This makes 1.5 million residential, commercial and industrial clients connected to the country’s electricity network.

ENEO indicates that 38% of the new clients it made in Q1-2021 are in the rural zones. Although urban zones still have the largest electricity access rate in Cameroon (with 36% of the new connections in metropolitan areas and 26% in urban areas between January and March 2021), there is an acceleration in the connections in rural areas.

The fact is that 44% (17,364 clients) of the new clients entered ENEO’s portfolio thanks to the normalization operations organized to turn people that were previously using electricity illegally in the country into clients. As for the remaining 56% (21,934 clients), they entered the portfolio thanks to the new connections made by the electric utility during the period under review.

Let’s note that this acceleration of connections in rural zones coincides with the PRERETD, a government program aimed at renovating and extending the electricity transport and distribution network to boost electricity access in 465 localities in the country.

BRM

cybersecurity-antic-claims-it-deleted-3-372-fake-facebook-accounts-out-of-4-242-identified-in-2020
The National Agency for Information &Communication Technologies (ANTIC) informs that in 2020, it deleted 3,372 of the 4,242 fake Facebook accounts...
chad-reopens-its-side-of-the-ngueli-border-with-cameroon-after-over-12-months-of-coronavirus-prompted-closure
On June 17, 2021, Chadian Minister of Public Security, General Souleyman Abakar Adam, and Ousman Bassy Lougma, director-general of the country’s national...
cameroon-recorded-a-61-8-drop-in-its-air-passenger-traffic-in-2020-due-to-covid-19-ccaa
In 2020, passenger traffic dropped by 61.8% year on year in Cameroon, according to figures from the Cameroon Civil Aviation Authority (CCAA). In the...
national-social-insurance-fund-cnps-has-xaf325-bln-of-cash-according-to-ceo-mekulu-mvondo
As of December 31, 2020, the National Social Insurance Fund CNPS had XAF325 billion of cash in its treasury. This was revealed by Alain Olivier Noël...

Mags frontpage


Business in Cameroon n100: May 2021

These Cameroonian startups raise billions


Agro-industry and land rights


Investir au Cameroun n110: Mai 2021

Ces start-ups camerounaises qui lèvent des milliards


Agro-industrie et droits fonciers