logoBC
Yaoundé - 23 August 2019 -
Health

Only 10% of the drugs Cameroon needs is produced locally

Only 10% of the drugs Cameroon needs is produced locally
  • Comments   -   Friday, 23 February 2018 13:34

(Business in Cameroon) - Every year, Cameroon imports about 90% of the drugs it needs while local producers supply the remaining 10% of a market estimated at CFA100 billion.

The figures were revealed by Philémon Yang during the solemn inauguration of a drug production unit of Africure Pharmaceuticals, in Douala, on February 21, 2018. This unit was set by the Cameroonian Prospère Hiag, in partnership with Indian investors.

According to its promoters who invested CFA5 billion for it, Africure Pharmaceuticals has the capacity to produce 1 billion tablets.

BRM

Mags frontpage


Business in Cameroon n77-78: July - August 2019

Discovering multinationals that thrive in Cameroon


Meeting with the Cameroonian who fights for global tax fairness


Investir au Cameroun n87-88: Juillet / Août 2019

Ces multinationales qui réussissent au Cameroun


Le combat d’un Camerounais pour une justice fiscale internationale