logoBC
Yaoundé - 20 January 2022 -
Insurance

Continental Re’s regional office in Douala to be converted into a subsidiary

Continental Re’s regional office in Douala to be converted into a subsidiary
  • Comments   -   Monday, 09 April 2018 13:11

(Business in Cameroon) - C-Re Holdings, the investment fund that controls the capital of Continental Reinsurance Plc (Continental Re), reveals in its 2017 financial report that it will invest $10 million in the Cameroonian subsidiary.  

With this investment, C-Re Holdings will take 49% of the subsidiary (whose creation process was initiated in January 2018) and Continental Re, will hold the remaining 51%.

The new subsidiary (the third in Africa after the ones in Kenya and in Botswana) will be headquartered in the Continental Re's regional bureau established in Doula in 2005.  

Let’s remind that the Pan-African reinsurance company Continental Re is already active in 50 countries in Africa with two subsidiaries and four regional offices. With the regional office's conversion, the group will have three subsidiaries and three regional offices in the continent.  

Brice R. Mbodiam

cemac-repo-facilitated-interbank-borrowings-almost-doubled-yoy-in-2021
In 2021, the volume of interbank borrowings through the repo agreement rose by almost 100% in the CEMAC, a recent report by the central bank BEAC...
cameroon-customs-administration-cease-recourse-to-external-parties-for-implementation-of-goods-geolocation-service-nexus
On January 18, 2022, Cameroonian customs authorities issued a release concerning rumors that claim the social rights of some twenty private agents have...
telecoms-camtel-draws-closer-to-the-official-launch-of-its-mobile-service
Incumbent operator CAMTEL recently launched “Blue” sim cards for its mobile subscribers five months after the creation of its new commercial brand...
cameroon-state-real-estate-corporation-sic-loses-xaf500-mln-annually-by-paying-vat-from-its-equity
Every year, Cameroon Real Estate Corporation (SIC) loses money because it fails to add VAT taxes to the rent collected from clients. This is the...

Mags frontpage


Business in Cameroon n106-107: December 2021-January 2022

Nine projects and innovations that demonstrate Cameroonians’ genius


This is how Gozem plans to revolutionize the transport sector in Cameroon


Investir au Cameroun n116-117: Decembre 2021-Janvier 2022

La preuve par 9 du génie camerounais


Comment Gozem veut révolutionner le transport urbain au Cameroun