logoBC
Yaoundé - 20 January 2022 -
Environment

Hysacam comments on government’s prescription to recruit new waste removal companies

Hysacam comments on government’s prescription to recruit new waste removal companies
  • Comments   -   Tuesday, 08 May 2018 14:26

(Business in Cameroon) - In an internal publication it just published, Hysacam reveals that the delays in government’s financial support are the reason why there have been problems in the waste removal services in towns such as Yaoundé and Douala. The waste removal company informs that 15% of its operating expenses are provided by urban communities and the remaining 85% should come from government. However, out of the CFA6.4 billion the country should have paid to Hysacam in the framework of the agreement signed for 2013-2017, only CFA1 billion was provided.

This is the first time the public company is commenting on the government’s prescription, on January 25, 2017, to introduce new operators in the waste removal market.

In the communication, the company wonders if the government would be able to fulfill its commitments with many operators if it has not been able to do so with only one since there is no indication that the circumstantial constraints (the Anglophone crisis in the Southwest and the Northwest) it evoked to justify its failure would be solved.  

Despite this fact, Michel Ngapanoun, CEO of Hysacam, prescribes a partial opening of the market to new players while ensuring a sort of monopoly for entrepreneurs experienced in the field.

As far as he is concerned, the minister in charge of the waste removal sector, Jean Claude Mbwentchou, informed that in April 2018, it issued a call for tenders to recruit new contractors in the market. Let’s remind that the financing model for these new companies would be the same as that mentioned by Hysacam (15% from urban communities and 85% by the government).

Sylvain Andzongo 

cemac-repo-facilitated-interbank-borrowings-almost-doubled-yoy-in-2021
In 2021, the volume of interbank borrowings through the repo agreement rose by almost 100% in the CEMAC, a recent report by the central bank BEAC...
cameroon-customs-administration-cease-recourse-to-external-parties-for-implementation-of-goods-geolocation-service-nexus
On January 18, 2022, Cameroonian customs authorities issued a release concerning rumors that claim the social rights of some twenty private agents have...
telecoms-camtel-draws-closer-to-the-official-launch-of-its-mobile-service
Incumbent operator CAMTEL recently launched “Blue” sim cards for its mobile subscribers five months after the creation of its new commercial brand...
cameroon-state-real-estate-corporation-sic-loses-xaf500-mln-annually-by-paying-vat-from-its-equity
Every year, Cameroon Real Estate Corporation (SIC) loses money because it fails to add VAT taxes to the rent collected from clients. This is the...

Mags frontpage


Business in Cameroon n106-107: December 2021-January 2022

Nine projects and innovations that demonstrate Cameroonians’ genius


This is how Gozem plans to revolutionize the transport sector in Cameroon


Investir au Cameroun n116-117: Decembre 2021-Janvier 2022

La preuve par 9 du génie camerounais


Comment Gozem veut révolutionner le transport urbain au Cameroun